Have you ever struggled with getting documents signed? Physical papers make it difficult to pass back and forth, and also takes a long time. Sometimes it’s difficult to create signature spots in a Word or PDF Document, or try to get the signee that’s not so web savvy. And who does faxing anymore?
Add to this the challenge of getting multiple signees, or needing multiple people to sign the same document. In my experience with small business and nonprofits, I’ve had to get various signatures from volunteers, employees, and clients on various contracts, and it’s been a hassle trying to figure the best way and keep everything organized.
My discovery and solution? This great little company called SignNow. In brief, you can upload your PDF or Word documents, specify where on the document you want the recipient to fill in info or sign, then type in their email and send it. You get notified when they sign it, and copies are emailed to both of you. It’s easy, quick, and best of all, free!
Now here are some key features worth looking into:
- Super Easy to Create and Use. Just create your document as you would normally for a paper contract. No need to create special fill-in text boxes. When you upload, you can draw in the boxes where you want them to sign.
- Custom Signatures. Draw your signature with a mouse, type you name, or upload a pre-scanned image of your signature.
- Online Storage and Tracking. Create a free account, and you can store all your documents online. Know which ones have been signed and which ones you’re stille waiting for. Remove them from the site at anytime. If you want to do one real quick, send it without registering.
- Legally Binding. Any signature on SignNow carries the same legal weight as a paper signature.
- Sign from Anywhere. SignNow has apps on iOS and Android, so you can use it on your iPhone, iPad or Android phone.
- Paperless and Free. Done.
As a small business owner, this has become an essential tool for me, and I hope it helps you out too. Have any other document or signature tools you use for your small business? Please share!
All Documents Dashboard
Add text like name, date, position, title, etc..,
Add a signature – type it in, draw it with a mouse, or upload and store an existing one.